The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children have a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7. Some orthodontic problems may be easier to correct if they’re found early. A checkup no later than age seven gives your orthodontist the opportunity to recommend the appropriate treatment at the appropriate time. If early treatment is in order, the orthodontist may be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
It’s time to see us for your child’s first orthodontic assessment.
Advantages of Early Orthodontic Treatment:
- To create room for adult erupting teeth
- Influencing jaw growth to create optimal facial symmetry
- Reducing the need for future tooth extractions
- To reduce the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- To preserve space for teeth that need to erupt
- To reduce future treatment time with braces
- To reduce the need for tooth removal
- To avoid the need for future surgery
Please contact us to schedule a complimentary initial examination for your child.